Determining the nature of your profession or the sources of income is a very tough task for any astrologer. Selection of profession between job and business is very important decision of life. There are many astrological factors which need to be considered. Astrological readings can also suggest whether you can enjoy smooth success in your job or business ventures.
Ascendant: whatever is the field education, marriage or profession the strength of ascendant and its lord play very important role.
10th house/lord: 10th house and its lord from ascendant/Moon sign/Sun signs are pivots for determining the profession and business. Authority, power advancement and ambitions, business affairs in general, one’s rank, social status and profession of a person, name, fame foreign land, sources of livelihood self respect and self control are indicated by 10th house.
3rd house/lord: indicates courage and initiative for professional life, risk and speculation taken in life. Sometimes it indicates over confidence of the native.
5th house/lord:represents knowledge, education, intuition and intelligence of a person. Besides high position it indicates risk and speculations taken in professional life.
6th house/lord: indicates loans from banks or financial institutes, funds rising and the employees working under the native.
7th house/lord:represents professional relationships and business partnerships, independent skilled professions.
9th house/lord: this is house of luck or fortune of the native; it also indicates distribution or circulation of money, dignity of a person, foreign travels, and government favors.
11th house/lord: this is house of gain and income in one’s life.
Planetary transition: The nature of the profession also depends on the planetary period of major periods / sub period of a horoscope. The Dasha/Antradasha of the native forces him for change in profession in a very drastic and dramatic way. Through the strong and favorable Dasha/Antradasha, even a weak and ill placed planet can bless the native with success in profession and career.
Job/business influencing astrological factors:
- If lord/sign or planets placed in 10th house are strong, indicates surety of service.
- If number of fixed signs planets are more than number of planets in common or movable signs in a horoscope the native will choose the profession which demands patience, peace, tolerance and stability like government jobs, medical profession or in achieves.
- If the planets of common signs are more than the planets of fixed and movable signs in a horoscope the native will have different sources of income like as a teacher he can choose property dealing or as a profession he may own his own consultancy firms, tuition centers etc.
- Lord/sign of 10th house are weaker in strength than the lord/sign of 7th house, profession of advocate, doctor, and professors are indicated.
- If lords/signs of 10th and 7th houses are equally strong indicates the native will have individual business along with his own service. Like a doctor doing private practice along with his own service or the person will start his own business after retiring from the job.
- If the lord of 10th house is strong but placed in 6th/8th/12th house or of medium strength the person will work in an autonomous institutes or private sector.
- Sun/Mars/Saturn favorably influencing the 10th house, and lord of 10th house is in a strong position indicates profession of doctor.
- Lords of 3rd/6th/10 and Jupiter are strong indicates profession of advocate.
- Moon and Mercury influencing 10th house indicates writer or journalism as profession.
- Strong mercury and Jupiter influencing 10th house denotes writer or poets.
- Moon and Jupiter aspecting 10th house indicates gazette officer rank job.
- Moon placed in 10th and Jupiter posited in 5th house indicates very highly ranked position.
- Lord of 11th placed in 10th house or their lords exchange signs/houses indicates very good administrator.
- Lord of ascendant and 10th placed together or lord of ascendant and 10th house is the same planet the person will work excellent work from his own hard earned money.
- Jupiter as lord of 10th placed in trine indicates highly acclaimed position of the native.
- Sun placed in 10th house from ascendant/Moon or lord of 10 is posited in the Navamansa of Sun indicates appreciation from government but if Sun is debilitated/malefic/ill placed indicates unscrplous means of earning.
- Lord of 10th is Mars or lord of 10th posited in the Navamansa of Mars indicates police, army, and wrestling as profession.
- Mercury is the lord of 10th house or the lord of 10th goes in the Navamansa of Mercury indicates service in banking, writing, education, astrology art and crafting.
- Mercury in ascendant and Jupiter in 9th house indicate government services.
- Lord of ascendant placed in quadrant and aspected by lords of 2nd/5th indicates government job.
- Sun having favorable aspects of Saturn indicates government job, manager authority and high authorities power of a person.
- Lords/signs of 4th and 7th houses are weak but lord/sign of 7th house are very strong indicates sound business abilities of the native.
- If numbers of planets in movable signs are more than the number of planets in fixed or common sign in a horoscope indicates the best qualities the native will have as a businessman like he will have initiative and capacity to make decisions, intelligent, alert and will possess the quality of leadership
- If any or all planets like Mercury, Jupiter and Venus placed in quadrant to Moon indicates independent venture.
- Mercury, Jupiter and Venus and Moon are placed in 2nd/12th from each other indicates independent or self ventures.
- Jupiter is placed in 3rd house and Venus is placed in 11th house from Moon indicates the native will start his own business.
- Lords of 2nd and 11th exchange houses indicate very good business abilities.
- Mercury related to 10th house indicates, business skills. Malefic influence over 10th house indicates laziness of the native.
- All the planets placed in quadrant indicate money earned from agriculture.
- If 7 planets posited in ascendant and 7th house, indicates business of transportation, wood, cartwheel etc.
- If any malefic planet placed in quadrant having no benefic influences and Jupiter posited in 8th house indicates excellence of business in meat, poultry and fisheries.